San Diego/Imperial Region
Ann has 30+ years experience as a Registered Nurse and 10+ years experience as an attorney. Her priorities include working closely with all Nursing and Allied Health programs in the 9 Community Colleges in the region, supporting the San Diego Welcome Back Center and collaborating with the Health and Science Pipeline Initiative [HASPI].
- 30+ years experience as a Registered Nurse including:
- RN in Telemetry, ICU/CCU, Oncology, ER, Pre-Op, PACU
- Family Nurse Practitioner in College Student Health Centers
- Taught in Advanced Practice Nursing Programs at George Mason University, University of Kansas, University of Hawaii
- 10 + years experience as an attorney including:
- Specialized in Social Security Disability Appeals for people with HIV/AIDS
Regional priorities include:
- Work closely with all Nursing and Allied Health programs in the 9 Community Colleges in the region;
- Meet with health care industry professionals in a variety of venues [advisory committees, professional organizations, focus groups, etc.] so HWI can help to ensure that the community colleges are meeting the workforce training needs of the health care industry;
- Support the San Diego Welcome Back Center, which helps internationally trained health professionals get licensed to work in California, thereby increasing cultural and linguistic competency of health care providers, leading to improved compliance, satisfaction, and outcomes for our diverse patient population;
- Collaborate with the Health and Science Pipeline Initiative [HASPI] to 1) increase health care career awareness; 2) improve performance in high school and college science courses; and 3) strengthen transition and retention rates in college programs;
- Provide incumbent worker training/professional development to health care professionals, nursing and Allied Health faculty members; and
- Work with Regional Consortium and with Regional and Statewide Health Advisory Committees to meet identified Health Sector needs.