Statewide Sector Navigator
With 15 years of experience in the community college system, John's skills include policy/advocacy, workforce scans, curriculum development, simulation program implementation and grant writing. He promotes regional collaboration in allied health programs and serves regional health care providers thru information dissemination, training and consulting.
15 years of experience in the community college system including:
- Served in various capacities from classified, faculty and management
- Skills include policy and advocacy; assessment, workforce scans and evaluation; curriculum development, simulation program implementation; grant writing, management and coordination
Regional priorities include:
- Promote unified regional collaboration in allied health programs and link to high school health academies;
- Serve regional health care providers thru information dissemination, training in cutting edge health care processes, consulting;
- Improve high skill labor pool and competencies identified by industry;
- Train incumbent health care employees;
- Outreach to high school students/ parents and faculty awareness of health care degrees and certificated programs;
- Foster and expand a Regional Advisory Committee;
- Revitalize South Central Regional Deans and Directors meeting from allied health programs;
- Identify regional champions in CTE articulated programs and share best practices within the region;
- Develop framework for regional fiscal support in development of CTE program articulation; and
- Provide awareness to identify special populations to increase diversity into allied health programs.