Orange County Region
Laurie has 25 years experience as staff nurse, Nurse Educator, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Nursing Director, and Nursing Faculty. Her priorities include working with the five Nursing and Allied Health Community Colleges in her region; facilitating partnerships with employers and educators; providing incumbent worker training to improve workplace skills and competency; and promoting advocacy locally and statewide to create alignment.
25 + years' experience in health care as practitioner and educator including:
- Doctor of Nursing Practice-Systems Leadership, Rush University
- Masters of Science in Nursing-Family Clinical Nurse Specialist/Education, University of San Diego
- 25 years of experience in Orthopaedics, Med-Surg, and Telemetry as Staff Nurse, Educator and Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Nursing Director-Ortho/Neuro, Med/Surg, and Telemetry at Hoag Hospital
- Faculty-Golden West College and Vanguard University
- President-National Association of Orthopaedics Nurses
Regional priorities include:
- Work closely with the five community colleges in the region that offer Nursing & Allied Health;
- Meet with health care industry professionals in advisory committees, professional organizations, and specialty groups to promote role of HWI;
- Collaborate with Nursing and Allied Health Deans/Directors to provide professional development programs for teaching strategies and implementation of new/revised curriculum;
- Provide the New Grad Transition Program and Critical Care Nursing Course;
- Provide incumbent training for specialty nurse, RN specialty certification, and Preceptor course;
- Support regional health academies, ROP, and CTE Career Pathways with faculty training, technical support, and collaboration.