Professional Development Opportunity: Boot Camp
Health Educators Boot Camp
January 29 & 30 2020
Goals of the 2-day Workshop:
- Facilitate new faculty's adjustment to the community colleges.
- Equip new faculty with essential information concerning key processes and people in the community college.
- Attune new faculty to the college mission, and its relation to departmental goals or divisional objectives.
- Clarify institutional expectations of faculty and related faculty roles and apprise new faculty of specific success strategies for meeting these expectations and performing these roles.
- Integrate strategies for engaging students, building a classroom community and connecting clinical practice to student learning.
- Develop a tool kit to design curriculum, course planning, student learning outcome construction, content delivery tools, classroom management strategies and evaluation tools to support student learning in theory and clinical settings.
Wednesday 01/29/20 and
TIME: 8:30 AM -4:30 PM
- 8-8:30 AM Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 12-1:00 PM Lunch
College of the Canyons
Dianne G. Van Hook University Center
26455 Rockwell Canyon Road
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
Room: UCEN 258 (2nd Floor)
REGISTER HERE: FLYER