Skip to main content
Virtual Simulation Resources
Academic Senate for California Community Colleges (updated 4/21/2020)
California Simulation Alliance (CSA) (updated 3/28/2020)
- The SCA has opened there scenarios and tools
- The scenarios listed below are scenarios that have been developed, validated, and tested by CSA subject matter experts. QSEN and TeamSTEPPS competencies have been integrated into all scenarios where appropriate. Scenarios are to be used by subscribers only.
CNA Simulations VR
- The Nursing Simulation Scenario Library is a resource for nursing educators in all settings and made possible by the generosity of the Healthcare Initiative Foundation.
- With i-Human Patients, students experience safe, repeatable, fully-graded clinical patient encounters on their devices anywhere, anytime. Through virtual patient encounters, students master lab skills and cognitive-based concepts. When it comes time for the high stakes test, students are prepared to succeed.
vSim® for Nursing
Nurse Tim Clinical-Based for Next-Gen Learning, From Fundamentals to NCLEX
- Conceptual Clinical Cases is a one-of-a-kind case study book featuring concept-based cases that unfold using the Next Gen Clinical Judgment model. These "real life," current-to-practice scenarios include electronic health records, medication reconciliation activities, discharge instructions, and much more! The cases are engaging for the student and allow them to act like they are the nurse. The cases unfold using multiple-choice, alternative style, and NextGen item formatting to prepare your student for the most current, and future testing opportunities. Students learn to consistently apply high-level thinking processes of THIN Thinking and Prioritization Power that makes clinical judgment a habit of nursing practice.
- NURSING.com is providing free student accounts to nursing programs until May 15, 2020
- Just released a course to help with canceled clinicals, we called it Nursing Clinical 360. It includes 160+ lessons, including skills, care plans, and assessments. We have been scrambling to get you all the help you need during this uncertain time.
- CLICK HERE to start the course
- NovEx is a simulation program that closely mirrors direct clinical practice and is created by Dr. Patricia Benner, an internationally recognized expert on pre-licensure RN education. NovEx provides extensive patient scenarios that are accurate, real patient data, and responses that allow the student to meet the learning objectives determined by the faculty for their clinical rotation. Learners will be expected to recognize and respond to the most important physiological, psychosocial, safety needs, and patient education of the patient in each case.
- Health Impact has collaborated with NovEx for a list price for programs https://healthimpact.org/2020/03/student-nurse-clinical-rotation-novex/
Geriatric Clinical Simulation
- The Geriatric Clinical Simulation at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill has developed a series of evidence-based clinical simulations. The purpose of the Center is to disseminate innovative, evidence-based clinical simulations involving older adults, focusing on the educational needs of registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and nursing assistants.
- A free resource. You have to fill out a survey to get access/account. There are 18 current cases to choose from Acute Pain, Pressure Ulcers, Delirium, UTI, Weight Loss, Polypharmacy, End of life, and much more. After you choose a case, go to the left side and you can choose to change the scenario from RN to LVN or NA.
- Labster gives students access to a realistic lab experience that will let them perform experiments and practice their skills in a fun and risk-free learning environment. Watch the video to learn what Labster can offer.