Commissioned by the Health Workforce Initiative of the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office with funding from Kaiser Permanente Mental Health and Wellness (MHW) Initiative Strategic Partnership Grant 16040.
The Behavioral-Mental Health Educator Tool Kit will address the increasing need for courses to create a pipeline to careers in the behavioral health field. As California’s growth in retirement age population increases to 87% in the next 10 years, the demand for primary care workers continues to rise.
Section 1: Introductions, Project Purpose, Meet the Experts, and Call to Action
- Introduction: Behavioral-Mental Health Educator Tool Kit: Preparing Youth for Careers that Pay Project Innovation
- Project Purpose: Vision, Goals, and Objectives
- Meet the Experts: Educators and Community Leaders
- Call To Action: Opportunities and Solutions
Section 2: Learn, Plan, Develop, and Maintain
- Learn: Connecting Through Stakeholders. Identify and Connect.
- Plan: Program Planning
- Develop: Sample Applications and Proposals, Labor Market Information, Funding, & Advocating for Your Program
- Maintain: Course Review and Progress Tracking
Section 3: Curriculum & Course Outlines
- Course Outlines
Section 4: Community Engagement Models
- Community-Based Organizations: A Valuable Partnership
- Three Current Community Models
Section 5: Things to consider Wisdom From The Field
Relevant Resources, Supplemental Materials, Reproducible Forms & Templates, and Educator Resources Master List From The Experts